Refer the following lecture:
- Culture and Health
Social Determinants of Health
In the United States, awareness is increasing that medical care alone cannot adequately improve health overall or reduce health disparities without also addressing where and how people live. A critical mass of relevant knowledge has accumulated by documenting associations, exploring pathways and biological mechanisms, and providing a previously unavailable scientific foundation for appreciating the role of social factors in health. At the same time, the movement insists that our differences should not have economic, social, or political consequences. All individuals are entitled to the same access to resources and opportunities regardless of their differences.
- Read the article: The Social Determinants of Health: Coming of Age .
On the basis of your reading, create a report, answering the
- Define, understand, and discuss some of the major risk factors for health and health care disparities and why they are associated with poorer outcomes among some multicultural populations.
- Discuss how social advantage and health advantage are transmitted across lifetimes and generations.
- Describe the implications for health care policy in addressing health.
- Discuss at least of two of the knowledge gaps presented in the reading. How would you reduce these challenges?
- Submit your report in a 4 to 5 page Microsoft Word document. Support your responses with examples.
- Name your report SU_PHE4120_W2_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your report to Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite any sources in APA format.