Assignment 2: Investigating a Fire Scene
Investigating a fire is a process. Ultimately, an investigator should develop a basic process that he or she uses for every investigation and can be adapted to different fire scenarios.
Produce a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation that outlines and compares and contrasts the process you would use to investigate the following types of fires:
- Vehicle fire
- Structure fire
- Wildland fire
Provide examples to support your position.
Be sure to cite at least two resources from outside the course for this assignment.
Please Note: The Assignment will require outside research. Use at least two credible sources beyond the text material and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, you should format your presentation in accordance with the following guidelines:
- 10-15 slide minimum (excluding title and reference slides).
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Use charts and graphs as needed.
- Limit slides to between six and eight lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience. To learn more about using speaker notes, open PowerPoint and press F1. In the search box, type “create notes” and press Enter. The related topics on notes appear.
- The presentation should contain a title slide and reference slide with a list of references in APA style. On the references slide, in the speaker notes, discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.
- All internal citation of outside sources plus the listing of all references should also adhere to APA style.