You are working at an area hospital dealing primarily with
end-of-life decisions and palliative care. For this discussion, you
will be reviewing the PSY605 End-of-Life Case Scenarios document
and making recommendations based on the information provided in the
All end-of-life choices and medical decisions have complex psychosocial components, ramifications, and consequences that have a significant impact on suffering and the quality of living and dying. The issues involved in this process of decision making are based on issues of developmental stage, gender, race, ethnicity, culture, health, family, and physical, cognitive, and psychosocial states. For your initial post, you will apply concepts from developmental psychology to recommended courses of action for either Roger or Geri.
To begin, carefully review the PSY605 End-of-Life Case Scenarios document, select one of the cases, then recommended course of action for the scenario selected by addressing the following questions:
• What is the best recommended course of action for the client at this time, and why?
• What potential effects would themes such as the client’s culture, ethnicity, family, education, and gender have on the situation and recommendation(s)?
• How does the client’s developmental stage factor into your recommendation?
• How do the client’s physical, cognitive, and psychosocial states affect your recommendation(s)?
• How might the developmental stage(s) of the client’s family member(s) affect your recommendation?
• How will you present your recommendation(s) to both the patient and family member(s)?
• What consideration(s) would affect your manner of presentation?
• Are there considerations that cannot be processed at this time because of lack of information in the written scenario?
Next, analyze and comment on the ethical considerations related to the scenario. Note how the APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.